Vintage/Retired GS badges and memorabilia
Complete seven activities; 2 skillbuilders, 1 technology, 1 career exploration, 1 service project and 2 other activities of you choice.
1. Understand the role of lifestyles and disease risks. Keep a journal for one month of personal exercise and diet habits. Meet with your doctor or school nurse at the end of the month to evaluate your habits.
2. What is Cancer? Describe five different types of cancer affecting women. Start of journal of the information and resources used.
3. Research you family history for relatives who have had cancer. Research mammogram tests and share this information with family and friends.
4. Identify factors that put a woman at risk for breast cancer.
5. Learn three ways women can assist with early detection of breast cancer.
6. Identify organizations that offer support means of early detection, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
1. Talk with a mammography technician. Tour a facility were this test is conducted.
2. Research types of breast cancer and be able to discuss some treatments and their success rates.
3. Meet with a specialist involved in breast cancer detection and trea tment.
4. What are some current breakthroughs in breast cancer research. Record you information.
1. Contact a local hospital or community agency for volunteer opportunities.
2. Coordinate a blood drive to benefit cancer patients.
3.October is breast cancer awareness month. Design a poster, bookmark or interactive display about breast cancer. Share or display your project.
4. Participate in a breast cancer awareness campaign. 5.Plan and carry our a breast cancer awareness campaign.
1. Identify training programs or schools in the medical and public health fields.
2. Read biographies of 35 women who have been pioneers in educating the public about breast cancer.
3. Research five health care professionals involved in the treatment of breast cancer.
4. Interview a health care/medical reporter. Discuss impact of her reports on the community